Wednesday, December 18, 2019

1,000 Days of Piano - Day 183: Small Efforts


On the wall of a classroom where I sometime teach is a quote, “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” After doing a little digging, I found that the quote is by Robert Collier, an American author. Collier wrote the book, The Secret of the Ages, which I will have to read after Nurtured by Love. I’m beginning to realize that extraordinary accomplishments are often the result of ordinary humdrum actions. I wonder if my dull little efforts day after day will amount to anything. Maybe they will, and maybe they won’t. Either way, they will still feel like dull little efforts that are only glorified by the send of joy I take in doing them.
Note: The sonata is nowhere near performance ready. I’m just so pleased that I got to the end of the section.

No comments: