Saturday, March 24, 2007

Breaking News -- Now She's Painted Her Hair with Nail Polish

I'm sitting here in the dawn twilight about to untwist my daughter's hair before she goes to the hair salon for her new twist style. She has beautiful, long, coily hair that makes springy twists. No, she isn't the one with nail polish in her hair, though it was her polish that was used to do the deed. Of course, it was my four-year-old who gave herself tasteful magenta streaks that would the be envy of any teenager.
When I was talking to my cousin, she went online looking for a solution (what did we ever do before the Internet?) and found one within seconds. When I did my own search this morning to confirm my strategy, I found a page on www.hair-styles.org. I'll need to purchase a creme rinse conditioner before getting started, but I have a presentiment that I'll be spending some time dabbing the painted hair with nail polish remover, rinsing thoroughly with water, shampooing, then applying a creme rinse conditioner to close down the hair cuticle. Likely it will take a pair of shears to completely undo the damage, but I'll do my best. I can think of so many better ways to spend my time than painstakingly removing nail polish from my daughter's hair, but just think! Thanks to www.hair-styles.org, I know how to do it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.