Thursday, November 08, 2007

National Novel Writing Month - Day 8

It’s only Day 8 of NaNoWriMo, and I’m already making vows about next year. Next year, I’m going to plan ahead and a create plot outline and character sketches so my fingers don’t hang idly over my keyboard while I try to think of a name for my protagonist’s future brother-in-law. Next year, I’m going to cook ahead so my children aren’t groaning, “Not fish sticks again?” at dinner time. Next year I’m going to tackle Mt. Washmore before Halloween so I’ll have more time to write. Well, maybe not. Dirty laundry has a way of multiplying exponentially behind my back during every 24 hour period.
As for the writing, well, it’s pretty awful. I’m making an effort not to worry about that. Writing 50,000 words on a novel in 30 days is sort of like spinning a tangle rather than a skein of thread. At the end, you have some thread that you can wind into a skein and weave into something you can be proud of. And then you also have lots of tangled and frayed bits that are destined for the trash. So, here’s to tangling!
Today’s Goals:
Writing 2200 words
Spending at least 15 minutes cleaning out my fridge and freezer
Writing out bills, what fun!

No comments: