Wednesday, June 26, 2019

1,000 Days of Music - Day 14: Measure by Measure

 Like a lot of people, just looking over my to do list makes me want to hyperventilate. I am cultivating patience and non-judgment, not because I have those qualities, but because I don’t. I can be impatient, judgmental, and stubborn, to boot. Just ask my family. Living inside my head is a frantic endeavor. This is precisely why I need to dig deep for patience and acceptance. 
Today, I put six things on my to do list, and when I hit publish, I will have accomplished them all. I  have left many important tasks undone, but I have taken care of the priorities. 
If you play the video, you’ll see that I added two measures to the Bach invention I’m relearning. Maybe in a week I can add it to my repertoire. Maybe it will take longer. I’m not judging myself for how slowly I’m acquiring this music. I’m simply taking on my goal measure by measure.

No comments: