Saturday, October 05, 2019

1,000 Days of Piano - Day 109: Still Scattered

I am still scattered. I practice a certain schedule of pieces each day and make progress on all of them. And then one day, I just go rogue and practice something completely different. I’m thinking that I just can’t stick to the program. The truth is that I’m simply choosing to practice something different today. It’s Saturday, and I’m taking a break from Book 2. I’m in a Mozart mood. After weeks of polishing Book 2, I need more of a challenge.
It turns out that I’m practicing something more than piano. I’m practicing seeing the best in myself and in those around me. My world is populated by kind, if occasionally mischievous, souls. I’m practicing being a little less tightly wound. I’m practicing serenity. I’m still scattered, and that’s okay.

No comments: