Tuesday, August 27, 2019

1,000 Days of Piano - Day 70: First Take

I’ve started a trend of posting my first take for my mini performances. First and foremost, I’m practicing giving my best performance right out of the gate. This takes great concentration and superior mind powers. I’m asking myself to calm my jitters and focus on the music, staying joyfully in the moment knowing that this is my only chance to get it right. I’m raising the stakes. It is also a practice. I am adjusting to a higher stakes practice. This is good for me. Some days I’ll play better than others, just as some days I’ll have a good hair day.
The other reason I’m posting my first take is a practical one. I’m on a summer cleaning bender, and I’m simply choosing not to take the time to make several recordings until I get it right. Life goes on, even though I have my challenge goal. It’s a delicate balancing act to give my work the attention it deserves. And so, welcome to a higher stakes, sharper focus, more tedious game. It’s just where I am on the journey.

No comments: