Tuesday, September 03, 2019

1,000 Days of Piano - Day 77: Endless Loop

So far I’ve learned twenty measures of the Beethoven Sonatina in F Major, which means it’s like The Song That Never Ends. The chromatic run in measure 18 leads back to the beginning, so I could play the same three and a half lines endlessly. It feels sort of like a hamster running on its wheel.
That was how I felt earlier this morning when I was trying to set up an online fundraiser on Facebook. Facebook, in all its digital wisdom, still thinks I’m in Ecuador, where Facebook fundraisers for nonprofits are not permitted. I tried turning on my location settings and recreating the fundraiser, but nonprofit fundraisers on Facebook are not permitted in Ecuador. So I checked my locations settings and tried again. And again. And again.
I finally had to let it go temporarily and do something else...like playing measure 21, which introduces the E-flat escape to something different. Sometimes that all we need—an E-flat escape to something new and different to shake things up.

No comments: