Thursday, September 05, 2019

1,000 Days of Piano - Day 79: Commitment

I’ve learned on forty-two measures of the Beethoven Sonatina from Book 5, and already I want to move onto something else. I want to abandon the Sonatina just I’ve abandoned the countless scarves I’ve started knitting. The Haydn Sonata looks like wonderful fun. It sounds like the background for a silent film romantic comedy. But I’ve already made a commitment to learn the Beethoven. Now I’m in the murky middle, longing to start something new.
Sometimes that’s the way it is. The grass is always green and all that. The good news is that I will learn the Haydn eventually. I also have other pieces to practice. I already have the unfortunate habit to dropping creative projects in the middle, so I might as well cultivate a habit of commitment. Imagine the send of accomplishment I’ll have when I finish all seventy-one measures!

No comments: