Thursday, July 04, 2019

1,000 Days of Music - Day 22: Romanian Waistband Dance

I played the Romanian Waistband Dance when I was demonstrating the power of slow playing. Now I’m performing it again to show the power of STOP-PREPARE. It’s a different discipline, a different practice. I taught myself to play the music at tempo, chord by chord, from front to back, and then from back to front. I can now add it to my list of pieces for daily review (it’s short) and eventually weekly review.
I don’t intend to abandon slow practice in favor of STOP-PREPARE. I am acquiring a new learning (and eventually teaching) technique. The thrill of learning is so delicious that it almost makes my previous lack of knowledge worth it.
Consider this performance to be my contribution to celebrating cultural diversity this Independence Day.

No comments: