Friday, July 12, 2019

1,000 Days of Piano - Day 30: Sub Goals


Today is Day 30, and it’s time to celebrate! I am amazed by how much I’ve learned. Of course, I have 970 days left, which means I have a lot of ability yet to acquire. Therefore I’m celebrating by setting a sub goal. I have chosen seven focus pieces for the next month, one from each book. I also have a review schedule that allows me to review the pieces I already know over the course of a week. My goal is to work on my focus pieces and see how much progress I make, while keeping my review pieces reasonably polished. With this focused approach, I plan to complete Book 2 by mid-October. So far, I’ve made it all the way through the first five pieces of the second book. They still need practice, but I’m looking forward to adding the Minuet in G (anonymous) to my list of daily review pieces.

No comments: